17 critical cyber security questions to ask your IT team
Suddenly the office is closed, and everyone’s working from home.
The IT team is coping, but you’ve got a nagging doubt about whether these hasty arrangements are secure. You ask the IT team a few questions about cybersecurity, but the answers seem to be in a different language!
Well, you should be concerned. Criminals are ramping up their activities, because systems are more vulnerable when people work from home.
But there’s no need for panic. Most cyberattacks are successful simply because basic steps haven’t been taken.
Here is a simple checklist to ask the person responsible for IT. The answers should all be YES!
Protect your data
1. Do we know for sure that our backups are actually working?
2. Does data stored on a home user’s hard drive get backed up?
3. Does our central data storage have versioning?
4. Have we got a Data Loss Prevention system running?
Protect your remote devices
5. Do we have multi-factor authentication set up for our systems?
6. Will our anti-virus, anti-malware and patching tools automatically update for home users?
7. Has everyone who’s working from home signed a communications and internet usage policy?
8. Have we given cyber security training to the team within the last six months?
9. Are our GDPR policies appropriate for people working remotely and at home?
To continue reading, download the article above.