Regional Director Job Description
Freeman Clarke is a growing business providing fractional CIOs and CTOs for ambitious mid-market businesses in the US, UK and Singapore. Regional Directors are entrepreneurs who run “their own business within our business”, but they are part of a team.
Each Regional Director drives our business development and leads a team of consultants, we call them Principals.
Freeman Clarke are seeking an experienced CIO/CTO, IT Entrepreneur or IT/business consultant with business development experience who can establish and develop a team in a specific geographical region within the Greater New York area. Your main focus is finding, winning and retaining clients for the team and achieving ambitious targets for growth and revenue.
You should be a CIO/CTO, IT Entrepreneur or IT/business consultant with extensive and in depth experience of IT, business systems and digital.
You’ll perhaps already be working independently with one or more clients or have left corporate life recognizing that you want to do something for yourself, but still within the IT and business leadership space.
You will have ambitions to grow a revenue stream beyond your own time and capability and find the idea of growing a team of IT professionals within your geographic area exciting and challenging. You want to create a recurring-revenue business but to be part of a team and to use our proven successful model.
The Capability and Experience
Freeman Clarke Regional Directors will usually have been CIOs, CTOs, IT Entrepreneurs or senior IT/business consultants. You must be excited by the entrepreneurial, passionate world of mid-market business. Specifically you need to be capable of:
- Effective networking to create partnerships, find prospects and create a positive referrals environment
- Driving the sales process from prospect through to client
- Aiding in the central assessment of potential Principals
- Coaching your Principals to get the best out of them for our clients
- Assisting and guiding your Principals to retain our clients for the long term
- Contributing to the wider management and growth of the Freeman Clarke business
- Running frequent meetings for your team and attending our twice-yearly conferences.
You should be:
- Entrepreneurial – able to find and win clients
- Marketing & Sales orientated – capable of driving the regional business forward on a high growth trajectory
- A natural communicator, able to create trust and to converse as easily with the board as the technologynicians; able to speak and write well
- Enthusiastic – for the business model and for growing a regional business and for helping to grow a team of likeminded people who enjoy working together
- Passionate – about providing value through better use of technology within mid-market businesses
- Able to form relationships with 3rd parties and develop strong referral mechanisms that actually work
- Financially stable to get through the first year growth phase
- Open and honest, energetic, relevant and willing to go the extra mile.
Freeman Clarke expect Regional Directors to have the following skills & experience:
- Extensive experience of Board-level IT roles or consultancy experience
- Proactive networking, prospecting and selling
- Leading and managing all areas of IT in multiple industry sectors
- Leading senior directors and consultants
- Delivering Board-level work, meetings, presentations and discussions.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, please get in touch with our SVP, Talent julian@firstname.lastname@example.org