CEO’s Briefing: Technology Roadmap for Growth
If you’re planning for significant growth — or better yet, your business is already seeing it — you need IT to match.
Freeman Clarke Principals provide clear leadership with a business-focused roadmap for IT and technology. We’ve found it’s the best way for our clients to drive and support growth, without getting way ahead, or falling behind.
What does a good technology roadmap do?
The right IT and technology roadmap allows a business to scale up confidently, while maintaining or improving their margins and customer service. It ensures that the C-suite has up-to-date information regardless of the increasing size of the operation. It allows the leadership team to delegate authority to managers, who can make judgements based on accurate data. And it allows leadership to move fast and to take opportunities for partnerships or acquisitions. Furthermore, an IT roadmap optimizes the value of the business in the event of an exit.
What will the roadmap fix?
Admittedly, it’s not easy to create an IT roadmap. But without one, we typically see businesses impacted in the following ways:
- Inefficient processes eroding margins and making good service difficult or expensive. Errors and issues increase as the business grows, which damages profitability and cash flow. Short-term problems dominate management and there is little time or money to plan for expansion.
- Poor reporting tools means that analyzing costs, revenues, efficiency and profitability is difficult — but which products and customers are profitable shouldn’t be a matter of opinion, and comparing trends and plans versus actuals should be easy.
- Lack of standardization means the business is reliant on individuals. People keep their own vital lists and system workarounds, which limits growth and expansion. When these key people are on vacation or sick then the whole business is affected. If they leave it’s a major problem!
What does the CEO’s briefing explain?
- How the absence of an IT roadmap affects businesses and their ability to prosper
- How to turn business objectives into IT objectives
- The best way to make a flexible and practical IT roadmap
- How to ensure the roadmap remains relevant and up to date
Where can you learn more?
Watch this video where Graeme Freeman (Co-founder and Director) explains what a technology Roadmap looks like, the benefits and how to start planning yours. or, visit our Knowledge Center which includes all content related to this topic.