Get set up for ERP success
We talk to a lot of mid-market companies about Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations. Often it’s because they’re not sure how to start an ERP project—or the project got halfway then stalled, or became hopelessly stuck, or even failed.
Here is how to set yourself up for ERP success, wherever you are in the process.
1. Get clear on the business strategy
2. Get clear on who’s in charge of the project
3. Have a clear vision for the new system
4. Organize all the necessary resources
5. Work out what your customers value and how to be great at it
6. Be rational about decision making
7. Address the longstanding people, process, and organizational issues
8. Put data at the heart of your approach
9. Think beyond the implementation project